Maja Jubilee is a festive and delicious snack or dessert the whole family will love. It’s creamy, delicious, and loaded with fruit cocktail and shredded cheese for the ultimate treat!
More About This Recipe
If you’re looking for an easy yet tasty dessert to round off your holiday menu, search no further than Maja Jubilee! Festive and delicious, it makes a great addition to any party menu.
This recipe is a fun and tasty twist on our classic maja blanca wherein fruit cocktail and shredded cheese take the place of corn kernels. It’s an interesting interplay of flavors that works!
You’d be pleasantly surprised how well the sweet fruits, salty cheese, and creamy coconut pudding marry into one yummy treat. Your guests will be lining up for seconds (or thirds) for sure!
Which, fortunately, won’t be a problem as while this fruity maja blanca looks impressive, it’s actually super simple to prepare. It’s all a matter of mixing the ingredients and whisking over medium heat into a smooth thick paste. The hardest part is waiting for the pudding to set before digging in!
- For this recipe, I like to use Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail which has pineapple, red and yellow papaya, nata de coco, and cherries.
- Drain the fruits well as the extra heavy syrup might affect the consistency of the pudding and make the dessert overly sweet.
- Cook at a simmer and do not allow the milk mixture to come to a rapid boil lest it curdles or separates.
- When preparing the cornstarch slurry, add the water slowly to the cornstarch to make it easier to stir and dissolve.
- Swap the shredded cheese with buko strips for a full-on tropical twist!
- Garnish the surface of the maja with more fruits while still warm as they won’t stick if it’s already cold and set.
- Allow the maja to cool before covering as the steam might drip down on the pudding and cause water puddles.
- Maja Blanca is delicious as a midday snack or dessert. Perfect for everyday family dinners or special occasions!
- To serve, top it off with shredded cheese or buko and cut into portions.
- For leftovers, cover tightly with foil and refrigerate for up to 3 days.